Friday, May 30, 2014

Five on Friday! :)

I really like four day weeks. Like I'm pretty sure every week needs to be a three day weekend four day work week. Come on get with the program corporate America, it works.

1) Our wedding season kicked off with a bang last Saturday as we watched our friends exchange vows written by them and said I do. It was one of the sweetest ceremonies I've been to. We love getting all dressed up and LOVED that the dress I'm wearing is non-maternity. Woo hoo. I can only rotate those so many times this wedding season!

2) Speaking of wedding season. I love this time of year, our fridge stays full of pretty things. We have save the dates, wedding shower invitations, wedding invitations, baby shower invitations and graduation announcements/party invitations. I love them all. This summer is a nice break from last summer though, we had 6 weddings and all the events that came with them. We were busy busy! :)


 3) Our sweet girl turned three on Wednesday. I can't believe how much she has grown. When we firs discussed getting a dog we decided on a boxer. A breed that we both had experience with before and one we loved. However, when a friend of mine was selling puppies and one of my best gal pals sent me a picture of the pup she got from the liter, I couldn't say no. Kendall is a pitboxer mix. Yes she has pitbull in her. I understand the stereotype and get all the judgmental looks when people realize she has pit in her. But we couldn't have asked for a more loyal, sweeter, kinder, full of personality pup. She's great with kids and has the best temperament. She stays on bump patrol and doesn't leave my side when we're home together. On the weekend's she becomes my dad's companion when the chemo makes him feel rough. I don't have any doubt that she won't be the best big sister for Caroline, with her breeds mixed she's going to be her protector and best playmate. :) Happy 3rd birthday sweet girl!


4) My favorite reality/contestant show came back on this week! So You Think You Can DANCE or as I will further refer to it as SYTYCD! It's a show I've watched since season 1 and coming on only during the summer is just not enough in my opinion. I grew up dancing so it's a show I thoroughly enjoy and makes me wish I was still dancing and way better than I was!

5) It's been a intense week for our family. Yesterday dad and mom met with the cardiologist at Duke and while the appointment was all good news the reality of the situation became more real. In about a month and a half my dad will start preparing for a stem cell transplant. I met mom for breakfast and could tell the anxiety of it all was settling in. So I found some scripture to try to focus on during these next few weeks. 



Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs