Friday, November 8, 2013

Five On Friday


Another Friday is here and a 3 day weekend is ahead, for me at least the hubs has to work on Monday. Bummer. Here is another round of things I'm thankful for/favorite things this week. 

1) First up, I'm thankful for my sweet husband. Derik is truly my best friend. Our first 6 months of marriage hasn't exactly been what most would consider to be ideal. I've had some issues but he's been right by my side through it all. I'm so thankful. He's truly been my rock. He knows how to pull me out of my funks and snap me back into reality. His humor can lighten up any situation and always makes me laugh. I'm so grateful that the Lord decided to choose him to be my husband. Thank you sweet husband for loving me just the way I am. 
2) I'm also thankful for the first man I ever loved, my sweet daddy. His wisdom, his kind heart, and loving ways are just a few of the things I'm thankful for. My daddy always knows just the right words to say and knows how comforting a hug can be. I'm so thankful for my daddy and will ALWAYS be daddy's little girl!
3) One of my favorite things happened this week! The CMA awards. I love country music. 98% of the time except during Christmas you'll find my car radio on one of our local country stations. I grew up listening to all the greats, thanks to my daddy. My very favorite, George Strait, also won entertainer of the year. You can't get much better than George Strait, in my opinion at least. The CMA's were great this year! I was very impressed even with Taylor Swift. That takes a lot for me to say. 


4) Have I ever mentioned how much I love FaceTime? It seriously has to be one of the best inventions ever. This week we've FaceTimed with our sweet nephews twice and our sweet niece. I also FaceTimed with the BFF yesterday which always makes for a good day. I'm so thankful for the power of technology it makes missing ones we love a little easier. It has definitely been a favorite thing this week. FaceTiming with my sister and puppy niece, lame? No way Jose'!



5) Speaking of the BFF brings me to another thing I'm super thankful for. Her. My best friend, Jessica. We've been best friends from the moment we met in 6th grade. 12 or 13 years ago? Yikes. This girl and I have been through it all together. Sure we've had our ups and downs but she's always stuck by my side. We've talked a lot this week about having true friends and how thankful we are for each other.  I'm so thankful for our friendship we truly get one another. Yes we're those friends that can finish each others sentences. I swear we have ESP, twice this past week we tried calling each other at the exact same time. Even though she lives in Wilmington about two and a half ish hours away and we don't get to see each other as much as we would like, we still remain the two best friends.

Hope everyone has a fun weekend! We're heading to the first Carolina basketball game of the season tonight and to eat at one of our favorite places in Chapel Hill, Carolina Brewery. Food, good beer, and basketball = happy hubby. Then tomorrow my mother has somehow convinced me to venture out with her to the sale at Belks at 6am tomorrow morning.

xo,
Sarah


5 comments:

  1. hey from the linkup, cutie!!! :) i love your thankful heart..what sweet words about your hubs! i wrote about the cmas on my friday 5 too. great minds...;)
    happy friday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the CMAs! I was working so I didn't get to see them this year, which I'm super upset about, but I'll get over it someday. Your wedding dress is so incredibly gorgeous! And it looks so wonderful on you! I'm glad I found your blog through the Five on Friday link up!

    http://whenthecowscomedancinghome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo of you and your dad is just beyond special ... what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how every 5 on Friday that I've visited has included a post about a pet or animal! Your wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous (and so are your flowers! I just saw this color combo for the first time and love it!).

    jess Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a best friend to stick with you through it all is truly a blessing!

    Stopping by from the link up.
    Ashley http://msabish15.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs