Tuesday, May 20, 2014

20 Week Anatomy Scan/Gender Reveal!



With little sleep the night before we headed to our anatomy scan bright and early Friday morning. We were the first appointment of the day. To say I was a nervous wreck would be a complete understatement. I was so nervous I lost my breakfast before we could leave to go to our appointment. The tech called us back and I was praising the Lord they didn't do my blood pressure then. I'm sure it was through the roof. The tech we had was seriously a God send. She was one of the kindest ladies I had ever met, I could take the woman with me everywhere. You could tell she genuinely loves her job and cares about her patients. She asked if we wanted to know the gender and of course we said yes providing baby cooperated. She got right to work and began measuring everything. It was truly one of the most incredible experiences. Seeing all four chambers of the heart, the brain, the spine, the stomach, the kidneys, baby's bladder, my bladder, the rib cage, the hands, the arms, the legs, the feet, the nose the mouth. Truly an incredible experience. The tech was great and pointed everything out as she went along and kept saying everything was perfect. Obviously she couldn't give us exact results but just hearing the word perfect come out of her mouth lowered my blood pressure. Baby cooperated and we were able to tell the gender and it's pretty obvious what Baby W is! We met with the doctor and he confirmed all the tech said that baby was developing normally and beautifully! We couldn't have been more thrilled. We both left the doctor's appointment on a high and I'm pretty sure we floated on that high for the remainder of the weekend and I'm still floating today. We called our families to confirm healthy baby and even though they tried to weasel the gender out of us we didn't break. I was pretty dern proud of myself. We let the furry child know what her sibling is and she wagged her nub in approval. :)
Right when we got home...still floating on said high. 

Sunday we hosted a gender reveal cookout for our families! We didn't want anything too over the top so we kept it small and the menu easy. We served hot dogs, hamburgers, all the fixin's, chips, fruit dip, cupcakes, and homemade frosty ice cream. 

Pink or Blue? I'll never tell. :)

Cupcakes and old wives tales. 


I kept the decorations to a minimum. Didn't want to go overboard with the pink and blue. 

With our families 





Team Pink 

Team Blue

For the actual reveal Derik and I wanted everyone to participate. So we poked holes in the color balloons it was NOT. The ones that remained inflated once blown up is the color that Baby W is. 

It's a....

GIRL! I have felt girl all along however, Thursday night I was convinced otherwise. We would have been over the moon either way and we are just so thankful for a healthy baby girl! :)


I think it was a tie between these two as to who was most excited for a little girl. My aunt Pat and my sweet daddy. That little girl is going to have him wrapped. :)

We let the grandmother's reveal sweet baby girl's name. Caroline Vance both are family names which was important to us! We had decided on Caroline before we even thought about being pregnant. Just one of those pillow talk things. It was the only girl name up in the name pool for the entire pregnancy. We threw out other girl names but nothing felt right but sweet Caroline. 



 Derik asked the ultrasound tech to say Miss Caroline says hello! 

We are so excited for our sweet girl and can't believe that we are halfway to meeting her. Bring on the bows, monograms, and dresses!

xo, 
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs