Saturday, May 24, 2014

Five on Friday!


This week has been a pretty good one! I can't believe Memorial Day weekend is upon us the "official" kick off to summer! I swear it was Christmas yesterday....



1) I've had a lot of worry on my heart lately but I've decided that I've just got to stop worrying. I'm not in control, whatever happens is going to happen regardless how much I worry or not. Worry and anxiety are from the devil and he comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I will not allow him to steal anymore of my joy about this pregnancy. Life is too short to have the joy stolen from us. So I'm choosing joy!


2) We have a store called Peaches and Cream and it's a children's boutique. My sister and I grew up wearing it and I'm so excited it's still around for sweet Caroline. Hello smocked dresses and sweet appliques. They had their storewide 30-40% off sale PLUS an additional 50% sale today. I didn't go nearly as crazy as I could have but luckily they have the same sale right around Thanksgiving. 
She's going to be so fancy for next summer. The cherry outfit, $5 y'all. 

3) Thanks to a sweet friend she also received her first monogram. Baby bloomers. Y'all. I. Just. Can't. 


4) We're in Hickory at Derik's parents for the kick off our wedding season! Our friends tie the knot at the same place we did a little over a year ago. I'm so excited! Busting out my dancing shoes. :)

5) It's Memorial Day weekend. Yes a great time to gather with families and enjoy cookouts, the beach, the pool, and other summer time activities. But let us not forget the real meaning of this weekend. The service and sacrifice of our military men, women, families, and friends that have lost their lives protecting our freedoms. Let us remember the fallen and pray for those still serving. 


CPL Pruitt Rainey February 21st, 1986- July 13, 2008. Killed In Action. Afghanistan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs