Friday, November 22, 2013

Five on Friday!!


Y'all how is it Friday already? It snuck up on me this week...but then again felt like it took forever to make it's appearance. How is that possible? It's been one heck of a week...but at the end of it all I can say "it is well with my soul"...which brings me to my first favorite thing. 

1) My grandmother and I shared a lot of things. One thing in particular our love for hymns. Don't get me wrong I love contemporary Christian music but there is just something about those old hymns the words that still ring true. We have a print hanging in our house to remind me of that. My favorite hymn is "It is Well With My Soul" and that is the print that hangs in our house. This week I'm thankful for that being at peace about things and being able to say, it is well with my soul. One of my favorite things and something I'm most thankful for the peace that Christ gives us that surpasses all understanding.


2) I'm thankful for our first home! We purchased it at the beginning of May yes, 3 weeks before our wedding. It was a foreclosure so I was able to clean the house from top to bottom which really helped with my pre-wedding stress. We didn't move in until the weekend after we got back from our honeymoon, the first weekend in June. It's the perfect starter home and is allowing us to save money so my sweet Uncle can build us our dream home. I love our little home, it may be a cookie cutter but it's perfect for us right now. You'll see more of our home once I finish decorating. Currently there are red and green storage tubs everywhere. 
 Our front porch all decorated for fall. Can't wait to start decorating for Christmas. 

3) Now, for my favorite things this week. I have an odd obsession. I love cute beverage napkins. Weird? Probably. Ashamed? Not one bit. Thankfully we have a lot of Christmas parties coming up so hopefully they will all be put to use. I found the Give Thanks and Christmas Calories Don't Count at TJ Maxx and the Christmas napkins in the middle at Home Goods. We got the Lenox napkin holder for a wedding present and I'm definitely putting it to good use. 

4) Another favorite thing that happened this week is the beginning stages of decorating. Sorry for the crummy picture quality. I will be sharing more pictures once I finish the decorating madness. And yes our guard dog is on her perch checking out the morning happenings on our street. 

5) Target price cuts. Definitely ranks up there as a favorite thing. We snagged two of these lamps with the tan shades for our bedside tables. I love lamps too, I just feel like the make things more cozier. 
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I think my dad is getting to come home today after a precautionary MRI on his heart. No cancer was found during his CT scan, thank you JESUS! We're also attending an engagement dinner for my sweet friend Sarakate and her future hubby Jordan. Looking forward to a weekend of making my father rest--a next to impossible task--, football watching, and finishing decorating. Happy weekend y'all!

xo, 
Sarah 



5 comments:

  1. I love your front porch!! And I saw that chevron lamp shade at target and really wanted one! I think I will be heading back soon =)

    Come link up with me today!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! :) Yes definitely make that Target run. Totally worth it, I love ours!

      Delete
  2. love the sweet decorating in yall's first home! bless!
    and praise Jesus about your dad!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll face!! Yes praise Jesus about my sweet daddy. He's definitely been with us every step of the way this week! xoxo!

      Delete
  3. I can't WAIT to buy a home!! And I'm dying to see more pictures!
    So fun that you've decorated for Christmas :) I'm having the HARDEST time waiting until Thanksgiving especially since it is snowing outside this very minute!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs