Friday, November 15, 2013

Happy Friday Y'all!

It's Friday it's Friday hey hey it's Friday! Another Friday of thankfulness and some of my favorite things this week!

1) I'm thankful for our sweet nephews and niece! We're heading to Derik's parents house in Hickory this afternoon and I could not be more excited!!! We get to see our sweet niece and both nephews. I'm so thankful for those precious babies. They fill our hearts with so much love and joy!


This is our sweet nephew, Jack. He's 3 and he never.slows.down. Seriously he's on the go all the time. Sweetest boy though always concerned about others. I love this kid! 

\
Jack's brother Sam, this is one sweet sweet boy. I can't get enough of his chunky cheeks! He's my snuggle buddy and we've spent many hours doing just that!

This is our sweet niece, Kinley. She is truly a miracle baby. Derik's sister had 4 miscarriages before having Kinley. She will be 5 months old next week, I can't believe how the time has just flown with her! 

2) One of our local radio stations made the switch to all Christmas music yesterday. To say I'm excited is an understatement. Definitely MADE my week. If y'all have the I Heart radio app look for 99.5 WMAG and enjoy the Christmas gloriousness.
Despite my husbands smirk I came home from work to this. He knows the deal happy wife=happy life. I also think he LOVES Christmas just like me, maybe not as much but just won't admit it. Thank you sweet husband. 

3) I'm also thankful this week for the power of prayer. A lot of changes could be possibly happening in the Walters' household in the near future, good and exciting ones, but changes nonetheless. So prayers for wisdom and peace would be greatly appreciated as we make try to make the best decision for our family. 
4) Another favorite thing this week was attending the East Carolina University vs University of North Carolina at Greensboro basketball game. I attended ECU my freshman year of college and then continued the rest of my time at UNCG. However, I've been a pirate since birth and have to say I was sporting purple and gold (ECU colors) instead of navy and gold. ECU ended up winning with 1.2 seconds to go. GOOO PIRATES! 
My dad's company has a box suite at Greensboro Coliseium, I've gotten quite spoiled sitting there for each event. Private bathroom, mini fridge, and big comfy seats. Check. 

5) Another favorite thing and also thankful thing that has happened this week has been my quiet time in the mornings. I found a devotional book at my mom's a couple of weeks ago and started it. I'll admit I had gotten out of the habit a spending time with Jesus each morning. No excuses, it just happened. I'm so glad that I've made it a habit again. Each morning this week my devotional has just really spoken to me. Especially with new and exciting things that could be happening in the near future. It's really been teaching me to ENTIRELY rely on God and to let go of things that are out of my control, not an easy task for me. But I'm really trying!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Can't wait to get to those sweet babies!!!

XO, 
Sarah 


1 comment:

  1. Your text to your husband looks pretty similar to the one I sent my husband this week! He came home to Christmas music blasting and was like it's not even Thanksgiving! Funny thing is he let me leave it on all night! He secretly loves it!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs