Friday, April 25, 2014

Five on Friday!

This week really just flew right on by. I can't believe it's already Friday, not that I'm complaining one bit. Weekends are good for the soul. A chance to recharge my batteries and get more things done.


1) It should come as no surprise that our 16 week prenatal check up was my most favorite thing this week! I love hearing sweet Baby W's heartbeat. 3 weeks from today and we find out gender! Holy mama we'll also be halfway there at that point. 


2) Derik is playing in a golf tournament tomorrow and I'm ready to do some baking! I've been craving a lot of my grandmother's cooking lately and since that sweet woman is no longer with us I've been attempting to whip up similar yummies in the kitchen on my own. That woman never wrote a single recipe down. I think I may attempt a version of her lemon pound cake tomorrow. Now if I can only figure out her chocolate cake recipe, my sister and I would be two very happy ladies. 




3)  Zulily has been hosting a maternity sale this week! Woop Woop! The Pink Blush Maternity sale ends in 2 days! Rack up while you can ladies. I've ordered a few dresses for weddings this summer all under $50!

4) I finally have been craving something OTHER than bread and pasta. I made a fruit salad and I've been enjoying it all week long. :) I know these are still carbs but at least they are teeny bit better for you right?

5) This time last year we had both just returned from our bachelor/bachelorette trips! I can't believe our one year anniversary is right around the corner. I included a little throwback to remember a fun trip with some of my nearest and dearest! I really can't believe it was this time last year. Trips down memory lane are always my favorite!

Hope y'all have a great weekend! 


8 comments:

  1. Yay for the appointment and countdown to gender reveal!!!! xoxo Hope you guys have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your pregnancy, how exciting?!! Looking forward to following along!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your little girl's name, it's absolutely adorable! :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on on second trimester and hearing the baby's heartbeat! Such a wonderful time of life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's truly the most amazing sound! :)

      Delete
  4. Lemon pound cake sounds amazing!!! If it isn't a family secret, you should share the recipe!! Happy Friday, pretty mama! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's no family secret! I will share the recipe if all goes well in the kitchen tomorrow :)

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs