Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Recap!

Hi friends! I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas. Us Walters certainly did! We just returned last night from our Christmas adventures. I'm still in denial that my most very favorite time of the year has zipped right by us. However, like my mother-in-law says, "just because Christmas is over doesn't mean the Christmas spirit goes away." Unfortunately, that doesn't mean keeping the Christmas decorations up and listening to Christmas music year round. It does mean keeping the kindness alive and well which is exactly what I plan on doing! Our Christmas included a lot of family time, worshipping our Lord and Savior, fellowship with friends, yummy food, and gift giving and receiving. Giving gifts this year was especially fun! We pulled off some big surprises! My mother in law shed tears, my mom too, my dad was shocked, and the hubs even pulled a big surprise on me. Which never happens, always one step ahead friends!
Christmas began by attending a ballet very near and dear to my heart! Unto Us A Son. I grew up performing in this Christmas ballet. I performed many different roles from a manger animal, to heavenly hosts, and a dancer for King Herod. It's the story of the birth of Christ and I get tears every time I watch it. It's definitely one of my most favorite Christmas traditions. 
We also did milk and cookies with Santa (and some pretty adorable nephews) while riding on a train! Each weekend in December the North Carolina Transportation museum puts this even on! It was so much fun watching Jack's face light up when Santa came on the train! 

Christmas Eve Eve (Monday) was filled with manicures, movies, and shopping with my sister. Can't every Monday be that way. We saw Saving Mr. Banks and it was wonderful, not what I thought but we then immediately went home and watched Mary Poppins. 
 Christmas Eve was filled with cooking, cleaning, driving our mother nuts, home videos, and snuggles on the couch before my mom's side of the family came over for our annual Christmas Eve dinner.
 Christmas Eve with the sissy! In our Christmas jammies! If you haven't seen the video do yourself a favor and check it out here. A news anchor from Raleigh, NC made this video and it spread like wildfire. 

Christmas morning with the hubs. Sporting the new monogrammed half zip he got me. He also washed it before hand because he knew once I opened it, it would be worn. Hubby for the win.

We then zipped down to Charlotte after Christmas breakfast to spend the rest of Christmas day with the in-laws. 


Post present opening. 


I swear I could eat them. 
Christmas gift to my mother in law a canvas and book from the photo session we had done with the kiddos. Please ignore the incorrect way to spell love. They love driving this grammar nazi crazy with spelling it like that! ;) It about killed me taking those to get monogrammed. 

Christmas week was the usual whirlwind but we enjoyed every single minute of it! We are so blessed to be able to spend the holidays with both of our families! We hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas!

xo,
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs