Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weekend Get-Awayyyyy


The hubs planned a weekend get away for us this weekend and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time! We loaded the car Friday and headed down south to Surfside Beach, SC just south of Myrtle. I don't care what time of the year it is the sand and the salt water are just plain good for the soul. We did some shopping at both Tanger outlets--the hubs is a trooper, ate yummy Hamburger Joe's, took walks on the beach, and enjoyed wings and beer on Saturday night. Not in any realm of our gluten free diet but we treated ourselves just because we could. I'm lame but I seem to almost always shed a tear when leaving the beach.  It was truly one of the most incredible weekends and we enjoyed us time. The trip may have been short but it was just what we needed!
You can't have a bad day when you wake up to this view. 


For lunch on Saturday we ate at my cousin's burger joint, Hamburger Joe's. Seriously best place to eat in North Myrtle Beach, I don't think I've ever been in there when it is not packed. It was Saturday despite it being the off season. I can't get enough Hamburger Joe's while we're down there. It was also dollar drafts so the hubs was very happy. If you ever find yourself in North Myrtle definitely try Hamburger Joe's you won't regret it. :)

Since the hubs has continuing ed classes this week we had to return from our weekend get away on Sunday even though yesterday was a holiday. I didn't mind though, it gave me a chance to do laundry, grocery shop, and finish up classwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs