Friday, January 24, 2014

Five on Friday!



Good morning everyone! It is a chilly one around these parts. I'm looking at my weather app now and it says it's 10 degrees but feels like -2. Y'all I know this is NOTHING compared to up north, but this southern belle and this cold of weather do not agree. It's been a weird week and I am OH so happy to see Friday and the weekend in the near distance.


1) We ordered our new bed on Monday! Finally, it's supposed to come in tomorrow and I can't wait. I've been eyeing this white upholstered sleigh bed for a while and its finally ours! Now to pick out a dresser...any suggestions on colors? I don't want to do too much white since our carpet is a light color. It may be over kill. We don't want black or a real dark color. I've been all over Pinterest the last few weeks and just can't decide. Help!!!!
Here's a picture I found online of our new bed..any suggestions on coordinating furniture are totally welcome! :)


2) Our first snow in our new home occurred Tuesday night! It certainly wasn't much but it was still exciting. I swear I turn into a 5 year old when it snows, I can't help it. School was cancelled which meant I stayed in leggings and a sweatshirt all day. I also knocked out two case studies. Sarah for the win!
Ok so the picture isn't that great, I was freezing but wanted to snap a quick pic on the way in from grabbing the paper. I knew it would all be gone by lunch time and I was right. 

3) I planned a menu for the week and stuck to it every night. Again win for this wifey, I always have the best intentions on Monday but sometimes the best laid plans don't work out.  The crockpot assisted me in this recipe for Chicken Taco Soup. Y'all. It was amazing. The hubs and I both downed two bowls and it made enough for leftover lunch. I also made this easy meal on Monday night. I didn't use nearly as much butter as it called for. It was green beans, red potatoes, and chicken sprinkle Italian seasoning bake for an hour and TADA you've got a scrumptious dinner. I really need to get better about food pictures. 

4) My good friend/hair miracle worker introduced me to Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist. Oh my heavens it has helped immensely with the static situation the becomes my hair during the winter. Seriously, my hair fight gravity and sticks straight up every single day. Between dryer sheets and this mist I'm finally gaining some control in this battle. 




5) Um maybe I've been hiding under a rock but I've discovered Walden Farms No calories, fats, sugars, carbs, and NO GLUTEN! My father in law has celiacs disease and therefore gluten intolerance. We've kind of become accustomed to a gluten free diet and have been trying our hardest to eat gluten free. We both feel SO much better and it's not as hard as I thought. I've ordered the ranch dressing, italian sun dried tomato, and the chocolate syrup. Can't wait to try them all and report back. Seriously, have I been living under a rock?

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

xo, 
Sarah 

2 comments:

  1. ughhh you are so right about the cold- we live in VA and it was 10 degrees this morning (I'm thinking maybe 11 now) haha over it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun first snow in the new home memory! Bless it!! And that new bed is divine!!!
    Happy Friday, gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs