Friday, January 10, 2014

Five on Friday!

Happy Friday babes! The first full week of work since December 21st is coming to a close. It's been a pretty great week, hanging out with a sweet sweet girl is not terrible work. It's been a pretty quiet week around these parts nothing too exciting minus FRIGID temperatures. This girl is such a pansy when it comes to cold weather, I would never make it up north and this polar vortex confirmed it. Let's get right down to 5 favorite things this week! :)




1) The return of my shows! I know, I really shouldn't be invested in shows as much as I am. I blame Netflix and having two weeks off of work and the hubs having to work during those weeks. The pup and I are great at camping out on the couch and watching Netflix. Last year I got sucked into Downton Abbey and in turn sucked my sister, mother, and aunts into it. So we've actually formed a bond, I guess that justifies our addiction. The first episode of the season was kind of slow, hoping it picks up though!

The hubs was watching the ugly defeat of our blessed Tar Heels. So the pup joined me for Downton Abbey and hot chocolate with lots of mallows!

2) As apart of my closet organization (I totally stole this idea from April at A. Liz Adventures!) I purchased a cute tray from TJ Maxx for all of my lotion, sprays, jewelry, sunglasses, etc. Stuff I use on a daily basis that is now off the dresser and the bathroom counter. The less clutter the better!


3) Ok, so I have a confession. I'm not a huge veggies fan. Like unless it's some form of potato, carrot, or corn. You don't find me eating it. I think I was force fed veggies as a child and it stems from that. However, that is changing slowly but surely. I'm proud to say I've had something green every single day this week! Green beans, green peas, creamed spinach, salads, broccoli, etc. I consumed them all. While it hasn't been my favorite I'm thinking started to tolerate them. I'm trying to train my body to crave them instead of cake. <Insert the iPhone emjoi of monkey covering eyes here> Working on a lifestyle change one day at a time. We're also going gluten free to see if it helps the hubs stomach and I'm proud to say that we've maintained that goal this week as well. Baby steps y'all. Baby steps. 
4) In keeping with eating healthy, why in the world had I never thought to eat frozen grapes until now? SERIOUSLY, they are have to be just like crack. I can't get enough, I've taken a baggie with me everyday this week to work and eat them periodically throughout the day. Frozen blueberries too. I have no problem eating fruit...just veggies. 

5) I've found my new most favorite eyeliner this week! I've grown up wearing Merle Norman make up and love all of their products. However, once mommy stopped buying I had to cut down to just their foundations and Clear Complexion kit! Until I received their new soft touch eye pencil in my free gift over Christmas. I used it for the first time this week and I'm in love. It's definitely being worked into the budget, I've deemed it a necessity. :)

Hope everyone has a great Friday! I've decided to delete my Facebook app this weekend, my sister is coming to town and I really want to unplug and enjoy my time with her! Have a great weekend y'all! 

xo, 
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs