Friday, January 3, 2014

High Five for Friday! :)




Linking up with some lovely ladies again this Fridayyyy! Hasn't every day for the past two weeks been a Saturday or Sunday? I love having time off of work with the hubs but this girl loves her routines. I've seriously have had to look at my phone too many times this week to remind me what day it was exactly. Whoops. I have a calendar in the office but lets be serious, I haven't crossed off any days on that thing since December 22nd to be exact. So it's January 3rd which that means HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUBBY! Our birthdays are about exactly one month apart my birthday being February 2nd. So let's get down to 5 favorite things this week.

1) Happy birthday Hubs! His birthday is obviously my most very favorite thing this week. We aren't doing birthday presents this year but instead giving ourselves a weekend get away over MLK weekend.   His best friend's mother has a condo in North Myrtle that she is graciously letting us use for a long weekend away.  We are saving for our big vacation during the summer. I don't care what time of the year it is the beach is just good for the soul. However, he still was spoiled by bacon and eggs this morning along with a few surprises as well. We're also celebrating with friends tomorrow night.  Happy 25th my love! Thank you for being an amazing husband and leader of our family!



2) As much as I pouted, protested, and whined our Christmas decorations came down Wednesday. However, I'm in the process of giving our house a good deep cleaning. I'm talking baseboards and dusting blinds kind of cleaning. My grandmother would be proud! I refuse to iron the sheets and my husbands boxers though. Yes she ironed her sheets and my grandfather's boxers, sorry Maw-Maw not happening.

Bye-Bye Christmas 2013. 

2) Obviously this week included New Years Eve and Day! Our New Years Eve was extremely low key, I'm talking hoodies low key. But it was perfect. We spent ringing in the New Year with some our nearest and dearest with a bonfire and somehow these were the only two pictures taken. Note to self take more pictures with that nice camera you got for Christmas last year, Sarah. 


New Years Day meal! Pork chops, black eyed peas, and green beans. They were out of collared greens? Not pictured cornbread. Yes, we're southern. 

4) After months and I mean months of searching we finally found the perfect ottoman. Square with storage, while I had to compromise on the material and it not being tufted it was under $200 and I immediately said SOLD. Also scored the tray that was originally $75 for $14. Win win. Yes that would be whiskey my husband is drinking at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, hey it's his birthday he makes the rules today. ;)



5) Do you see that mason jar in the picture above? I saw this idea on Pinterest to write a memory each day! I've decided that the tray would be a perfect place to house our mason jar of memories because that way we see it every single day we are home. :) So next New Year's Eve or Day we'll go through and read each memory! Can't wait to see it all full of our memories!

Happy weekend lovies! 

xo, 
Sarah 

1 comment:

  1. I love the tray and the ottoman. We are looking for a similar ottoman for our sitting room. Love the memory jar, if I could remember to do it :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs