Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy Happy New Year!


I really cannot believe that New Year's Day is already coming to a close. 2013 was one AMAZING year. We were showered by family and friends, welcomed sweet baby Sam into the world, had more showers, SAID I DO, honeymooned in the Dominican, welcomed our first niece, Kinley, celebrated and stood by our nearest and dearest as they said their I DO'S, cheered on the Pirates and the Tar Heels, held onto each other during the bad times, and laughed along with the good. Did our year have hiccups along the way? Of course, but I'm the good outweighed the bad BY FAR and the bad is just a distant memory. On the Today Show this morning they challenged everyone to choose a word for 2014. Well, I'm not one to choose just one word. So here are the words I chose.

Release-allow or enable to escape from confinement; set free. No more hanging onto things that bring me down. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Care-taking care of myself, my husband, my family, our sweet pup, our home. Take care in everything I do. 

Challenge- I'm going to step out of my comfort zone and do things that challenge me. No one likes failure but without failure you'll never learn how to truly succeed. Here's to doing more things that are challenging for me. Challenging myself to be a better wife, make new friends, take on a new hobby, be a better blogger, take more pictures. Challenge myself to deepen my relationship with Christ, with my husband, my parents, my sister, my family, my friends. Challenge myself to keep my closet clean and organized, since I spent the last 4 hours cleaning it out and organizing it. Challenging myself to do things that make me uncomfortable.

Instead of resolutions I've pinned these words to my vision board for 2014. I challenge you to do the same! I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for our family in 2014. I'm so glad our future is in His hands and we don't have to worry about it!

Happy New Years Y'all! 

xo, 
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs