Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend Recap

Good Monday morning! I actually feel refreshed this Monday morning, thank you second trimester energy I really appreciate you showing your lovely self. We had a wonderful weekend that was busy busy. We started refreshing our guest bathroom--painting the cabinets, changing the hardware, and cleaning. Ok so Derik did the first two I stuck to the cleaning. We also did yard work lots of yard work.

Friday night my parents took us to dinner and then the sweetest husband took me to get a sno-ball. We've had a new sno-ball stand open and I have a feeling the close proximity to our house, the 100 different flavors, and the reasonable prices are going to be an issue the next few months. I swear ever since I've started carrying this sweet child my cravings have reverted me back to childhood. Saturday was full of errands, family time, and yard work! We worked hard in the front yard Saturday and saved the back for Sunday after church. Saturday evening we spent with our neighbors, I love our sweet little neighborhood. Sunday was church and yet another trip to Lowe's. I'm really surprised after the 4 trips we took this weekend they don't know us by our first names. With the crowd that was there all four times we went it seems like everyone else in our little town had the same idea we had the garden center was packed! We ended up spreading 10 bails of pine straw on our embankment in the backyard. It looks so much better than the red dirt and dead grass! We also made our little natural area I was talking about in this post. It looks nowhere close to our pinspirations but it's a start. A few more plants and flowers and I'll be happy!

I'm so thankful for good refreshing weekends it felt good to be productive instead of only wanting to lay in bed. Thank you second trimester. So far I'm loving you.



My newest addiction. Thank you Pelican SnoBalls. 


Fancy girl got a new collar. It's navy and green with pink whales. Hello 40% off collars and leashes at our local pet store. 


I think this was our third trip to Lowes....all the flowers that are now in our little natural area. 

Before. We're also working so hard to grow more grass in our back and front yard. Stupid contractor grass. 


And after. Excuse the shadow it was kind of impossible to avoid. It's a lot of yellow. We plan on adding some larger plants. Any suggestions?

 We love grilling season. Last night was grilled pizzas! My very most favorite way to eat pizza. It's so yummy. And yes preggie ate all 3 of those pieces.

Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend! 

Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs