Wednesday, April 9, 2014

How I made it through the first trimester...

Y'all I really can't complain, compared to some of the horror stories I've heard my first trimester was a breeze. However, when you yourself are going through it it didn't feel much like said breeze. We ended up having to tell friends and family a little earlier than planned because I would take off in a dash to the bathroom--in home and out in public--.  I lost 3lbs between my two doctor appointments so it's safe to say weeks 8, 9, 10, 11 were the worst. I could have been a lot more sick than I was and I wasn't and for that I'm extremely grateful! Here are the things that helped me get through those rough weeks.

1) Literally the best thing I could do was stay out of our kitchen. Thank you sweet Lord for my amazing husband. He did the cooking and the cleaning. Smells really got to me and raw meat so I stayed as far away as I could.

2) Those cracker rounds were my meals quite a few days. Sometimes I got a little wild and added peanut butter.

3) Moisturizing lotion with aloe in it! I've always used Target's brand and I love it. Did anyone else's skin become extremely dry and itchy? It probably didn't help that it was also winter and I was in my prime dry skin time.

4) EOS eggs. I was obsessed before but they were a lip saver.

5) Clear Frost sparkling water. Any flavor. It helped settle my stomach but also helped to get fluids in me!

6) Breathe Right Strips. I didn't discover these until the last week of my first trimester. I'm on box #2. Seriously no more waking up every hour feeling like I have a mouth full of straw! Thankful for these bad boys, they may not be attractive but they certainly get the job done!

That's what helped me! What else should I keep in mind or add?

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs