Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ice Ice Baby...

But really, another ice day is upon us making winter 2014 officially the most bipolar season I've ever ran across. We went from a lovely 70 degrees on Saturday to ice hitting the windows on Monday. Seriously? Enough old man winter go on somewhere! Since we're actually staying in town this weekend I plan on getting our house spring decorated and I simply cannot wait. Maybe old man winter will get the hint and pack up and leave. With that being said here is what I am looking forward to this spring.

1) Celebration of rebirth and new life. Spring is always a beautiful time. The trees come back to life, the grass turns back to a lush green, and we also celebrate the death and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. Christ came to Earth to die and rise again so that we may have new, everlasting life with Him.

2) I'm telling you that time change last weekend was pretty sweet. I'm loving the extra hours of sunlight--when he decides to make his appearance--although waking up in the dark and it being dark the majority of  my getting ready process slows me down a bit. But hey, I'll take it for the longer days!

3) Warmer weather. Amen and Amen. I'm so over ice and snow and know 100% I would not survive if I moved up north. Ok slightly overdramatic I'd survive but wouldn't be a happy camper.

4) White jeans. I have a slight obsession and I cannot wait to wear my white jeans again. White jeans with a colorful top and sandals. CAN'T. WAIT.

5) Dresses and shorts because they are just so much easier than jeans, boots, sweaters, scarves, coats, gloves, socks, aka LAYERS.

5) Starburst jelly beans. Let's be serious I've already been through a bag or two....

7) The hubby and I celebrate our first wedding anniversary two months from today. Seriously can't believe almost a year has gone by since we said our I do's. Love that man.

8) Front porch sitting and backyard grilling. We had like two or three days in a row of upper 70's and they were pure bliss. We spent an entire Sunday afternoon outside between our front porch and back patio. We grilled steaks, pork chops, corn on the cob, veggies, ah pure bliss. Bring on the warmer weather.

9) March Madness and the Big Dance. This past weekend was the ACC tourney and it was basketball from Wednesday night to Sunday afternoon and this made for happy Walters. Tonight begins the play in games for the NCAA tournament. Please let Roy's Boys at least make it further than Dookies. Amen.

10) Spring cleaning. I can't wait to have a weekend and start purging stuff!

What are y'all looking forward to the most?

xo,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs