Monday, December 2, 2013

Thankfulness.

Happy December y'all! How did that happen? I cannot believe how quickly the month of November flew by. Can't time just slow down a little? Especially during the Holiday season. This is by far my most favorite time of year and I'm trying to savor it the best I can. Thanksgiving weekend kicked off for us Wednesday at noon. I didn't have to work and the hubs only had to work a half a day! We celebrated with some Christmas shopping, trivia at Mellow Mushroom, and quality time with good friends. Thanksgiving day included, Macy's Day Parade watching, eating, eating, eating, family time, eating, best friend time, and Black Friday people watching. The hubs really wanted to go to Belks and watch the crazies at the $20 boots but there was not a parking spot in sight. So we went to Target and we're in and out in 35 minutes--much shorter than our usual trips-- with lots of movies and fun stuff. We mainly went for people watching for you can't beat $6 Blu Rays. Friday morning while the hubs had to be lame and go to work for a few hours I packed up the car and had a daddy daughter date. We then hit the road for Hickory to see Derik's family for the weekend! There we ate some more, shopped some more, and played with our most precious niece and nephews. We also decorated her house for Christmas! Yesterday we returned for my dad's extended family's Christmas lunch. Yes we celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas all in the same weekend. Score.

It was such a wonderful long weekend being able to enjoy family time. Like I said earlier, I really feel like time is just flying by at an exceedingly fast rate and it has no plans of slowing down. I'm trying my best to savor each moment, even the little ones. The moments of everyday life and not only the moments surrounding the holidays. That is definitely my number one New Year's resolution. To enjoy every single moment both the good and bad. The bad moments make you stronger and also make you appreciate the good ones more!

How did y'all celebrate Thanksgiving?

Best friend. 

Sweet Daddy!

I love our little family! Crazy faced dog and all...she was licking the remains of the piece of cheese off her face. 

Mommy!
Kendall babysitting Kinley!

Decorating! :) My mother in law is pretty creative and got this shot from the front porch. I love it!

Snuggling with dad. 

Kinley loved the Christmas tree!!

xo, 
Sarah 

1 comment:

  1. That picture from the porch and of the little babe are precious!! And you really can't beat getting super cheap movies!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs