Thursday, November 21, 2013

Wedding Love--First look with my daddy!



Originally the plan for today's post was the boys and us girls primping and prepping on the big day. However, in light of recent events I changed my mind. I'm a woman. We're allowed. Yesterday my sweet daddy was admitted to the hospital. They don't think it's anything serious, but nonetheless it's a phone call no one wants to get. While at a work conference his blood pressure dropped and he fainted. They took him to the hospital for observation and testing. He's now slightly anemic and his liver enzymes are low they are also doing an EKG to rule out heart issues. So now we wait and wait. I'm sure between my sister and I we've driven our mother crazy calling but we can't help it. We're daddy's girls who worry about him incessantly. 

Which brings me to my post today the first look with my dad on mine and the hubby's wedding day. This was probably the most emotional part of the day. I was so happy to marry my sweet husband I didn't have time to shed any tears with him. I couldn't stop beaming. The first look with my daddy however, woo. Bless. Y'all my dad isn't a big crier. I've seen him cry a handful of times. He cried first this time, I blame him. 



Oh hello ugly cry face. 









Funny thing is my dad gave me a handkerchief with my new initials on it for as one of his wedding presents. Like father like daughter. 


So thankful to have such an amazing daddy. Thankful for his health, his spirit, his guidance, and his wisdom. Once he gets home this afternoon I think I'm going to hug him just a little bit tighter. 

xo, 
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs