Friday, November 1, 2013

Five on Friday! Season of thanks...

Happy 1st day of November! Halloween has come and gone so can I start listening to Christmas music, um now? I'll hold of on the decorating for a few weekends but I can't promise I'll make it to Thanksgiving without putting up a few decorations. Christmas is probably my MOST favorite time of year, I am my mother's daughter after all. I don't mean to rush it or completely ignore Thanksgiving. I like to think of it more as a embracing and enjoying both holidays. In this season of thanks I have so much to be thankful for! Now onto Five on Friday. I participate in things I'm thankful for on Facebook so I think I'll take each Friday this month to share with y'all things I'm thankful for as well as favorite things.



First up this week:

My faith in Jesus Christ. At 6 years old I asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. I wish I could say since then I've never looked back. But, I have looked back I have had my share of tumbles and falls along the way. But my Savior is there each time to forgive me, pick me up, dust me off, and help me keep going. Their is nothing my precious to me than Jesus Christ. I am so undeserving yet He died for me and for that I will always be the most thankful. Thank you Jesus for your grace and mercy, I don't always deserve it.

Second:
My health and the health of my loved ones. This week my ear/sinus infection has just made me feel off. I tend to be a bit of a hypochondriac and google entirely too much. So that has resulted in me diagnosing myself with too many things this week, when in all reality I have an ear infection with a whole lot of fluid. I finally came to this realization while talking with my mother yesterday, the mind is a tricky thing folks. I am a healthy 24 year old woman and I take that fact for granted. A sweet friend my age began another round of chemo this week and here I am complaining about an ear infection. I know it's all relative but still kind of a slap in the face (in a good way). So here is to focusing on my health and how fortunate I am to have it. And giving up google. Seriously, not worth the anxiety. Like the quote says below I'm going to focus on allowing my body to make feel good and enjoy it.
Number 3. Speaking of my mama, I couldn't be more grateful for her listening ear and her way of bringing me back to reality. In my moments of fear and panic she's always there to lend a listening ear to reassure me that all will be ok. I'm thankful for her patience, her reassurance, her heart for her kiddos and hubby. She's got a lot going on with work right now and is quite stressed out herself yet she doesn't blink an eye when I need some motherly love. 

Number 4. I received an encouraging email from a professor this week. You know those moments where you feel like you can do nothing right? Well I was going through that with school work a few weeks ago. I got an email from my professor saying she could tell how hard I had been working and was proud of the progress I had made since our last class together. It's the little things folks. I also love having a professor ask me how they can pray for me. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Number 5. You ever have one of those moments where you all of a sudden feel old? Yes I know what does this 24 almost 25 year old know about feeling old? Well insert this kid below. Ok I really can't call him a kid since he's 18 but still he's a kid to me. I remember when he was born folks, holding him for the first time, changing his diapers, attending his first birthday party and the many that followed. Here he is now a senior in high school. He's my sweet cousin. The one that stole the baby of the family title from me, the first great grandchild, and the one my grandfather referred to as Lucifer--bless his heart he was suffering from dementia. However, in the years to come I could have agreed with him. Just kidding Jesse!!! :) We've always had a special relationship and I couldn't be more proud of the young man he has become. I get to return to my old stompin' grounds again tonight for his senior football game and last home game.
After our family cookout hosted at the hubs and I new home. :)
A couple of weeks ago after one of his football games! Love those Friday night lights. 
So there was my things I'm thankful for and my favorite things this week! Hope everyone has a great weekend. My sissy comes to me this weekend and I couldn't be more excited. :)

xo, 
Sarah 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs