Monday, December 9, 2013

Manic Monday...

Ha. Now that song is going to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day! But come on who doesn't love The Bangles? I say it every Monday but weekends just go by too fast. Friday night we made a shrimp and chicken stir fry. Oh my yummy. I'm pretty impressed each time we make it and it saves so much money than going to a Hibachi style restaurant. We also have a yummy recipe for their shrimp sauce. It may not be the healthiest with it being mainly mayo but it is oh so yummy. I will definitely share the recipe. I then got a jump on my Christmas present wrapping, my elf of a husband couldn't help since the majority was presents for him. Shockingly enough, he's a much better present wrapper than I am. He believes in paper I believe in bags. But he's slowly convincing me to use wrapping paper and I've bought enough for the masses. I told him cute wrapping paper would help me wrap presents instead of putting them in a bag and stuffing it with tissue paper. 

Saturday went by in a blur as it usually does. We got up and headed to the city where we met, fell in love, and we each lived for five years--only two of those together-- Greensboro. I miss living in Greensboro especially the little part we lived in! It's considered the older part, the roomies and I lived close to campus our first two years then the last three we lived on the outskirts of the country club area. We got lucky with a great little rental. My MacBook decided to eat a DVD and I've tried for the past month and a half to get it out. So it was off to Apple where the man pressed three buttons and tada The Holiday spit right out. I swear magic exudes from the Apple's employee's fingertips. I tired everything under the Google-moon for the past month. We then met our sweet friends AJ Bridget and precious baby Wells as well as my partner in crime roomie for 4 years Danielle and her boyfriend Kyle for lunch and beers at our favorite local spot. I'm so glad Greensboro is only a 30 minute drive away. Of course, I forgot to take pictures even of sweet Mr. Wells which is so unlike me when a baby is around. Wells is the first baby to born into our group of friends and its so amazing to see AJ and Bridget as parents. He's only 2 months old and I could squeeze every bit of him. We then made our way back home for some leftover stir fry and the ACC championship game...ahahaha Dookies. 

Sunday was full of paper writing which I'm continuing to putt off now. It's amazing how good at procrastinating I get. My friend Sarah and I had hilarious conversations via text message yesterday as we were both avoiding our papers like the plague. She was watching youtube videos and I was cleaning and doing laundry. Yesterday was also cold and icky weather wise. North Carolina you never cease to amaze me during the spring and winter. It was literally 80 degrees on Friday then a bone chilling 30 degrees yesterday with freezing rain and ice storm warnings. Really NC, biploar much?

I may not be blogging as much this week and the semester comes to a close. Paper, exam, and assignment due tonight. I'm also going to attempt to get my final method assignment and exam done before Thursday. We head out for West Virginia on Thursday and well...not much blogging or homework can happen in West Virginia--by God. It's always a whirlwind of a weekend when we're in!


Screenshotted our ridiculous weather forecast Friday morning it's all changed again. 

This was going around Facebook and is so stinking true. 

This is real life Sunday folks when church is cancelled due to ice--except there wasn't any--and we have errands to run. 

And our failed attempted a family picture, snapping, not choking the dog, and funny half smiles. 
Wondering when we were going to be done and if it included a trip to the dog bakery downtown. 

Ha. What mine and Sarah #2's day was like yesterday trying to write papers. She's #2 because at one point there were 3 of us. 


How was everyone else's weekends? Extremely fast like ours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs