Friday, December 13, 2013

It's Friday!

Greetings from Parkersburg, WV--by God--. I feel it's necessary to add the by God every time we're up there. Derik's entire family is from West Virginia his mom and dad were the only rebels to move away from Parkersburg, smart move in laws smart move. Derik was also the only sibling to be born in North Carolina. The trip up here isn't too terrible only about 5 hours but its a whirlwind when we're in and exhausted by the time we get home. It's Friday and lets get right to my favorite things starting with my most favorite thing that happened this week.

1) FINALS AND PAPERS ARE OVER. My to-do list has every item crossed off and for the next month I can breathe a little easier. Praise the Lord. Grad school is not easy folks. It will all be worth it in the end.--Repeat after yourself Sarah--.

2)
My poor chapped lips. They are so chapped and dry the feel burnt. Picked up this little baby during my Target run yesterday. Best $1.97 I've spent lately. This will be my lip saver this season. 
3)
I made apple cinnamon bread this week. I think I could have devoured the entire loaf in one sitting. Oh my yum. Here's the recipe it's too good not to share! 

4) On our way we started our Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University 91 day challenge. I did this in Sunday school pre-hubs this go around makes a little sense. We definitely wanted to star this now before kiddos and I'm so glad we did. 

5) Another favorite is all the Merry Mail we've received this week. Christmas cards definitely can be found on the top of my favorite things about Christmas list. I also made our cute little way to display cards. This picture was taken at the beginning of the week and its slowly starting to fill up! I need to display our first Walters family Christmas card!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'm ready to eat some more, nothing like a grandmother's cooking! 

xo, 
Sarah 

1 comment:

  1. Merry Mail! SO STINKIN CUTE! keepin that in my back pocket for the future!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs