Friday, December 6, 2013

Helllllooo Friday!

Oh Friday, it's so good to see you! :) Linking up with some lovely ladies this week for Five on Friday! Let's get right down to it!



1) I finally finished decorating the inside of our house this week! Here are a few of my favorite parts!

I love the way our mantle turned out. The reindeer came from TJ Maxx, O Holy Night canvas is from home goods. I tried to recreate it myself, but don't give a perfectionist a piece of chalk. It only ends in frustration. Our stockings came from  Pottery Barn.
Our tree, I would have it lit 24/7 I love sitting by the lit Christmas tree. Something about a fire roaring, a lit mantle, candles, and tree...it's good for the soul y'all. 

2) If you ask anyone in my family my favorite movie they will either tell you The Sound of Music or White Christmas.  So you can imagine how excited I was to watch The Sound of Music live last night on NBC. I love Carrie Underwood and I think she did a wonderful job portraying Maria. The acting wasn't the best but I still sang along at the tippity top of my lungs, the hubs wasn't impressed. So I Facetimed one of my dear friends, Sarah, and we sang along together. Nerds yes. Do we care? Not one bit. Everyone rose such a big stink and compared it to the original. I don't think that was NBC intentions, I love that they brought it back to life and broadcasted stage plays, I hope they do more of this!


3) Eh it's December so sorry if the majority of my favorite things pertain to Christmas. Actually, I'm not sorry it's my favorite time of year and doesn't last long enough so I'm embracing it while I can. This sweet pillow was made by my grandmother. My aunt gave it to us at a wedding shower and of course I cried. My grandmother used to make these pillows and they were divided up amongst the kids once she passed and I somehow missed out on getting one. Until March at our shower. It now sits on our bed and will every Christmas. 

 
4) I finally used my upgrade last Saturday and got the iPhone 5s. I can't say that I don't hate it. I love the thumbprint recognition, so cool. But I also have my passcode so no one can sneak into my phone either way!

5) A sweet friend of mine posted a video of her and her son singing lullabies at bed time the other night. In the video she posted they were singing one of my favorites Que sera sera. I was reminded of the sweet words Que sera sera...whatever will be will be the future's not ours to see que sera sera what will be will be. Hearing those words out of a 3 year old made it sound so simple. My prayer this week is to have childlike faith and trust in the Lord without having to understand everything. 

xo, 
Sarah 

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs