Thursday, March 13, 2014

Ugh I'm terrible.

It's been too many weeks since my last post y'all. My intent for this blog is a way to document our life and letting it sit for weeks on a Five on Friday post is just not cutting it. My bad. We've had one of the craziest winters this year. Last week we had highs in the 60's then a paralyzing ice storm. Our little town was put on halt for a few days. 80% of Duke Energy customers in our county lost power. Y'all it looked like a war zone around here. Trees literally everywhere, power lines just hanging out in front yards or the middle of the road, and places that actually had power packed full. Thankfully, we kept power the whole time. So we in turn shared our power and had sweet friends stay with us, take warm showers, recharge electronics, and recharge themselves. Although, it was a pain it forced everyone to slow down and enjoy each other's company. A blessing in disguise.

 It is also spring break and this burnt out student has loved every minute of my extra free time. I'm also itching to start decorating for spring. I'm thinking if I pull out the spring decor that winter will get the memo and pack it up and hit the road. After being in the mid 70's Monday and Tuesday I'm over the snow, ice, and constantly being cold. I saw this on Etsy and it screams spring and the celebration of rebirth and our sweet Savior's death and resurrection. I may try to recreate this if the creativity strikes and the perfectionist in me doesn't take over completely.



Hope everyone is having a great week!

xo,
Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs