Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Thoughts on a Tuesday

Sunday morning our pastor spoke on Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.--I don't know about y'all but sometimes my thoughts aren't exactly excellent or praiseworthy. I really should have been wearing steel toe boots Sunday morning because my toes were getting stepped on a lot. 
As a new mom, I worry about everything. Absolutely everything. About myself not measuring up as a mom, something happening to Caroline, neglecting my relationship with Derik. I can easily think myself into a nervous breakdown. It's happened a few times. So Sunday morning I felt like the pastor was speaking right to me, no one else was in the sanctuary it was just me and the Holy Spirit. It was a one of those moments where I didn't feel that God was SHOUTING at me, but He was speaking to me in His quiet still voice. Your won't ever find peace if your mind and heart isn't with the Lord. I don't believe in coincidence, I believe in purpose. I know I was exactly where I was supposed to be Sunday morning. In the counseling world we have a technique called thought stopping. Thought stopping is labeling your thoughts, giving them a name, and replacing it. I decided Sunday morning that each time I have a negative, stressful thought, I'm going to replace it with Philippians 4:8. 

Since I'm no longer nursing, I'm getting back into a better eating routine and a different work out routine as well---breastfeeding worked it's magic in keeping the baby weight off--. So not only am I going to try to be physically healthy but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy as well. I want Caroline to grow up having the best version of her momma she can. I know some days are going to be harder than others, but here's to making anew and really challenging myself to be the best version of me I can be! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs