Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Our One Year Old..





From the moment they laid you on my chest it was the purest love. Our year has been filled with ups and downs. You definitely haven't been the sleeper your sister is. Even though the bags under my eyes are much more noticeable, I wouldn't trade our middle of the night play dates for the world. 3am snuggles are exhausting but some of my favorite. It would be just me and you bud. I know I'm crazy when I say I miss it but sometimes I do. In the quiet I learned your breathing patterns, studied your sweet face, trying to etch in my memory because time is fleeting. I've been saying time contradicts itself. It's a gift but it is also a thief. Being you and your sister's momma is truly the greatest gift I have ever been given. I know I'm going to blink and you'll both be grown and on your way. 

May your roots be firm in Christ's love. May you know the gift of salvation, grace, and His mercy. May you try your hardest at every task that comes your way. That you'll never be afraid or ashamed to ask for help. You find friends worth having that will build you up and not tear you down. You won't be afraid to take chances, chase your dreams, and discover who you are. May you come home with grass stains, scars, red cheeks, and bruises because you're experiencing childhood. May you get back up when you fall, because that can be the hardest part after all. May you know our Savior in a real way and learn to always put your trust in Him. May you stay humble and kind. May you respect those around you. May you understand that mistakes don't define you, that you'll always find forgiveness when you need it the most. May you grow to be a good person, love your momma the most, let your dad beat you at basketball, and remember your sister has been your biggest fan from day 1. All these things I pray for you sweet boy on the eve of your first birthday and most of these every.single.day. 

Parker Michael Walters 
4:30:16






























No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs